Since the release of API3 and onwards, we will list any additions and changes made in the API on this page, in chronological order (YYYY-MM-DD format)
- A new event type has been implemented which tracks VAR checks related to cards. From today onwards all VAR events that are related to cards are covered under the VAR_CARD event type.
"player_name": "Federico Baschirotto",
"addition": "Redcard confirmed",
- An endpoint for insights into your API usage has been added. This endpoint will return your usage aggregated per endpoint per 5 minutes. You may for example use this endpoint to build your own monitoring dashboards, or to gain insights into how you can optimize your traffic to our API by spreading your usage. 📊💻
- Both Referee and Coach entities now offer the possibility to add the latest include. The include providers their latest fixtures records from the past 6 months.
- When available, a code field has been added to the API error response, these errors include a link to our documentation pages where the errors are explained more briefly. The code corresponds to one of the entries in the listed table.
Errors now contain a code attribute when available.
- When using the statistics include on a Season, using the nested Type include caused the original type field for the object to be overridden. To prevent this behaviour from happening, the relational Type object will now be available under the statistic_type attribute.Type object now available under statistic_type attribute.
- TV station BT Sport has been renamed to TNT Sports due to rebranding. (affecting ID 46 and 860). TNT Sports 2, 3, 4 are newly added under ID 928, 929, 930.
- Filtering on id's on "All Endpoints" has now been added. You can use it to only request the entities of which the id is one of the given values. You need pass the name of the desired entity to apply the filters on. See the examples below for reference: https://api.sportmonks.com/v3/football/players?api_token=TOKEN&filters=playerIds:1,2,3,4,5 https://api.sportmonks.com/v3/football/leagues?api_token=TOKEN&filters=leagueIds:2,5,8
- We have added the possibility to filter on active seasons when requesting statistics. You can pass the currentSeasons filter to leverage this functionality, make sure to pass the desired Entity to apply the filter on as well, check the example below for reference, this will only return. you statistics for current / active seasons that belong to players in the response: https://api.sportmonks.com/v3/football/players?api_token=TOKEN&include=statistics&filters=currentSeasons:playerStatistic
- An is_captain indicator has been added for Squads. Showing true if the player is currently the default captain for the regarding squad.
- Using filters that allow you to pass id's, now support a maximum of 50 records. This reflects the maximums (per_page) we allow on default paginated endpoints.
- Endpoints for retrieving statistics have been added. These allow you to easily retrieve statistics for specific seasons, stages, or rounds, instead of having to propagate through includes to retrieve them.
- A new include called 'currentPeriod' has been added. It allows for retrieval of the inplay period in a more convenient way compared to using the periods include. Please note the include may return NULL. For example when the match has not yet started, is in half-time, or has ended.
- The PlayerStatistic entity now contains a has_values field, indicating whether a Player has any statistics available for the given season.
- We have renamed the BEATS type to SUCCESSFUL_DRIBBLES to better reflect the type of statistic.
A tutorial which covers all the new features added with this release
- We have added the currentPeriod include. You can use this as a more convenient way to get the current inplay period for a fixture. Note that the result can be null, for example when the fixture itself is not inplay or the fixture is currently in half-time break.
- The developer name of Type "Screwsnails Removal" (id: 830) has been renamed to SCREWS_NAILS_REMOVAL for naming convention.
As per an earlier announcement, we have released some changes to the API on this date.
- State: is_live, is_pending, is_period_end, is_final_state, is_cancelled, is_final_standing_state, is_completed, type_id, is_deleted, is_notstarted, period_length_setting, deactivate_inplay
- Period: period_length_internal, final_minute, home_score, away_score
- Fixture: last_processed_at
- Squad: yersey_number was renamed to jersey_number
- League: category (basic tier like indicator for the size / popularity of the league. Ranges from 1-4, where 1 are the most 'popular' leagues.
Ordering on endpoints:
- Paginated endpoints now support ordering, you can pass a query parameter order with your request to indicate the desired order. Currently order=desc and order=asc are supported. Visit the documentation of the endpoint you are wishing to use ordering on to obtain the field that the ordering applies on.